Monday, January 31, 2011

Shake that Booty?!

What up Buddy?
Meet my human ice breaker.- He calls himself Captain Hookshot (name: courtesy of Walt Disney World). Few people can say they've met a pirate in Taiwan....until today that is. Wyatt garnered more attention and elicited more looks which resulted in me talking to more people then I have since we've moved here. During the course of waiting for one traffic light Hookshot had me making polite conversation with some lovely women who then in turn proceeded to  invite me to some local activities after the Chinese New Year. Huh. How 'bout that assimilation guy? Wyatt then lovingly sustained pinches, squeezes and a lot of fast talking Mandarin throughout the day by random people. I know what you're thinking. It wasn't creepy...at least, I know that wasn't the intent.  Despite the shy-guy-coy routine pleeeeease- I know he was loving every minute of it.
There was no huge flurry of activity here but we are getting a bit more comfortable in our surroundings and we branched out...no McDonald's for us today..I KNOW! Can you believe it?! A day at the park (see Mullet on Home page), lunch at Sogo's (replete with creme puffs from Beard Papa's mmmm..)(Thank God we have to walk everywhere) followed by drinks at Coco's. All for a mere few hundred bucks (NT $ of course). Hookshot and I walked through some of the local street vendors  picking up veggies and produce for a slightly above crappalicious dinner (you don't need all of the
details people, and hey, I tried). We were even able to wrap up the day by discovering our local pharmacy after my hubby asked me to find some Dayquil. Dayquil...... Right.The only way I found the pharmacy was because it was stacked floor to ceiling with boxes of what appeared to be meds...I think. Luckily the hunch was correct. Also, I want to take a minute to challenge anyone- anyone to a game of charades. Pictionary? Bring it. Of course, like my calves, if I keep making these bold statements and fall devastatingly short...well, that would be really embarrassing now wouldn't it? But seriously- Just use your imaginations as to what I needed to mime in order to get non-drowsy decongestant. Yeah, take a minute. To appease the curious, I have a picture of said "Dayquil."
I'll let Wyatt pick his outfit out tomorrow too...can't wait to see what the reactions will be once he wears his muscle shirt.
uhhh....Dayquil.







4 comments:

  1. Wyatt-great outfit-can't wait to see your next one. What a great imagination-love to have seen what you did to get dayquil-I have had my BLISS fix for the day MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt...The gift that keeps on giving! Love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the medication packages only printed in Taiwanese? Good job picking up the right thing!

    ReplyDelete