Friday, January 21, 2011

Riding the Rails



I was about to write We did it!!!!! as my opener, and then became instantaneously nauseated as the Dora the Explorer theme song came into my head. I have SO much respect for mothers. Anyway, with that tidbit aside, Wyatt and I did in fact ride the MRT (subway system) today by ourselves, WITHOUT GETTING LOST.  I KNOW, right?!??! Pretty Awesome.......
As of today, Wyatt and I began our new tradition of Adventure Fridays where we are going to plan something just a little more fabulous then what we do every other day of the week. We started off with a bang today and went to the Taipei City Zoo. The skies were of course perpetually spitting on us throughout the day, but drizzle's better then downpour; so rain or no rain, anything short of a natural disaster, we had to go.  It was kind of funny-as involved as Wyatt is with Billy the Exterminator his stance was firm about the Nocturnal House; he refused to go in. I have to admit, I was bummed. I mean, how paradoxical, the kid pretends to capture "Rodents of Unusual Sizes" on a daily basis and then says he's scared to see an armadillo behind glass? Ahhh well, I guess at the end of the day, he is still four. Wyatt's favorite part of the zoo were the African animals, particularly the lions. He enjoyed playing hide and seek with the monkeys and got to see camels, rhinos and panda bears. True in form to his father, he made me read each animal excerpt in order to learn more about what he was seeing. All in all the day was an amazing success!  The cherry on top of all this awesomeness is Wyatt's new friend(pictured below), which he so aptly named Pumpkin Patch.


3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad Wyatt has a new Pumpkin Patch! Congrats on your successful and FUN day! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...sounds like that sun is coming out a little even tho it's raining. And lost a puppy...found a puppy. A day doesn't get much better than that!

    You don't have to envy "other" mothers, you're doing just fine the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! A new pumpkin patch! How exciting!
    Sounds like a perfect/awesome day. :)

    ReplyDelete