Monday, July 29, 2013

We're in Beitou Baby.- Museum #7

So this museum was also over a week ago....just posting it late. What can I say, I got all involved in a couple of books and blogging kind of got pushed to the side..I'll quick type this up until I download another book onto my kindle...then I'll see you all in another week.....
So, now that we're all up to date on why I'm blog-tardy... the Hot springs Museum in Beitou was a bit of a "bonus" museum. I had been in the area before with a hike that I had been on, but I honestly had  no intention of going there with my six year old...to the Museum that is. HOWEVER, as it happened, Wyatt got called for a modeling shoot and TA DA! it was held at a museum. BAHAHA. Poor Wyatt. He can't get away from them. He got over it when he had some cash in his pocket and Lego guys at the end of the day though. He's got it tough, that one. In all actuality, he was a trooper. He was modeling a fall/winter line..outside in 90+ degrees with a bajillion degree humidity index. Tough indeed.
But yes- the Hot springs Museum was pretty cool- architecturally and layout wise. In fact the whole area is pretty neat. I'd love to go back on a weekend NOT in 100 degree weather and enjoy the hot springs/park/library area as a family. There's a lot to do and tasty food to be eaten.  Within the museum, there was a room dedicated to then and now pics which was neat to look at. Wyatt of course enjoyed looking intensely at the map and ordering me around. You know just a typical day. Oh-After the catalogue comes out I'm allowed to post pics of Wyatt's shoot. He's so stinkin' cute. Seriously. CUTE. I digress. (I'm a mess in this post, sorry)
Back to the Museum- this pretty much sums it up better than I could (or really knew how to...)

"Built in 1913, the Beitou Hot Spring Museum was originally the Beitou Public Bathhouse, the largest bathhouse in the East Asia at the time. Now it serves to recount Beitou's hot spring history. The whole building resembles an English country house. It marks the beginning of Beitou's hot spring era. On display are historical relics and documents, which tell stories of the sulfur mining, the hot spring and Taiwanese films, providing the public a window to Beitou."
http://www.taipeisprings.org.tw/english/scenic/hotspring-museum.htm


There's a special MRT line that you take (XinBeitou) which has monitors on the MRT that you can look at interactive maps and stuff. It was quite entertaining. 





No comments:

Post a Comment