Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Big Cheese

Hasslefreeclipart.com� Regular Clip Art� Food� Breakfast ...
Relationships completely intrigue me. On the outside looking in you can look at a couple and go...really? While that same couple is looking at you saying the exact same thing. What works for some, doesn't work for others - and that's the beauty of it- otherwise we'd all be homicidal maniacs fighting over the same people. I'm not one to brag, but I couldn't handle that kind of stress. You know, with everyone fighting over me and stuff.  Uh..ok. I'll move ahead past this potential moment of awkwardness now to say, I'm not typically what one would call a gusher. A BS'r? Yeah sure. But  a "gusher"...no.  I don't really pour effusive amounts of praise upon people. I do however recognize the power of a compliment and feel that I offer that in adequate amounts when due.   
Hasslefreeclipart.com� Regular Clip Art� Food� Breakfast ...Sometimes, however, I become complacent when something is just routinely good all the time. Does that make any sense? Think about it. When something is out-of-the-ordinary-nice we feel free to give compliments and go all bananas with our praise (i.e a romantic trip/flowers). When something, or someone (in this particular case) is routinely great, it just becomes expected. Then, when it's not great or ... or really what some may consider normal, I (we?) complain. Still with me? If you get it then let me follow up with a-
Shame on me. 
Where is this going? Well I was thinking the other day, and I have to say that verbal praise for my husband is long overdue. 
In short?  *Cue the cheesefest.* Few understand the awesomeness that is my husband- and quite frankly, that's why he kicks ass. He doesn't need to tell you he's awesome in order for you to know that he's awesome. *This is actually a really great spot in which to inform readers that I will be making excessive usage of the word awesome within this blog post.* Will is incredibly understated within his awesomeness. 
He's humble, thoughtful, intelligent, has deep integrity and faith, loyal and totally black and white. He doesn't waver. There are no gray areas for him- you know where you stand and he is gentleman enough to explain his reasoning. With that being said-he emanates patience and control. 

Hasslefreeclipart.com� Regular Clip Art� Food� Breakfast ...It is his patience in fact, that kills me daily. I want it. Oh. And he knows like EV-ER-Y-thing. I'm not saying this in a hateful way. Ok. Perhaps a little hateful. I'm just being very matter of fact. The man really does know something about everything.  AND if Im being transparent this IS a love/ hate quality for me. I don't bring a lot of new information to the table ( US weekly updates don't really count apparently). He doesn't brag about this quality either- he's a super -nonchalant- understated know- it -all. Um. How awesome is that?-That's the best kind of know it all if you ask me.  
He loves me despite myself. As in... he knows all of me and is still around.  
He loves his kid. I mean really loves him. If I was the type of woman who had like 20 kids I don't think that would waver. (Ewwww, did I just write that?..the 20 kids part?) uh..anyway... He loves being a dad. 
A man who takes deep pleasure in his wife and child. Awesome right?
I'm not pulling the wool over your eyes. We have not so pretty moments, but I chose wisely. I like to think that he thinks so as well.  Obviously I'm not the only woman to write these things about her husband, but I thought I should shine the light a bit brighter on my better half....he's more than earned it.

Proof! As if it was needed of how much this man loves his wife....for our 11th anniversary my meat and potatoes eating husband took me to a pastry shop where for "dinner" we ordered pastery after pastry. (We ordered like that approximately, um...4 times I think?) It seems small, but knowing my non-sweet lover knew this would be the ultimate date...totally romantic.
I could go on about his greatness, but I'll stop before I dig myself too deep.

Hasslefreeclipart.com� Regular Clip Art� Food� Breakfast ...

Hasslefreeclipart.com� Regular Clip Art� Food� Breakfast ...



Hasslefreeclipart.com� Regular Clip Art� Food� Breakfast ...

Hasslefreeclipart.com� Regular Clip Art� Food� Breakfast ...


  
I don't know, I think between Will's faces and Shaq's- they are total doppelgangers. Just sayin'






2 comments: