Thursday, January 5, 2017

Take a minute.Breathe.

I have exactly one hour and twenty minutes until I have to pick up Alex from Pre-K. I get a total of 2.5 hours total and each of those minutes is accounted for which includes leaving my house 7 minutes prior to drop off and pick up. Today, due to crappy weather I drove Wyatt and his posse to school which ate an additional 14 minutes off of my time. This did not account for the 6 minutes I struggled and swore at Alex's car seat that I was trying to put BACK in the car upon my arrival back home because three children needed to fit in the back seat. Yes, Wyatt and Alex having the same school time would be way to easy right? (Their start times are 40 minutes apart). Six minutes I yelled at that car seat. It finally relented and buckled into place. My watch beeped. I looked. Take a minute to breathe it said. Breathe. Deep breaths. In. Out. Repeat.
It's a good reminder as I always forget within the activities and stressors of the day. Stop. Take a minute. Breathe.
I wish it had other reminders like- Thank Jesus for that breath you just took. Put your phone down. Don't eat that entire bag of Rolos.  Be present. Hug your boys. Build a snow fort. Be content. Read your Bible. Call a friend. You are not alone. Look at the mountains. Relish your surroundings instead of drowning in your own spinning thoughts that are dragging you down. Kiss your husband. Seriously Aly, PUT THE ROLOS DOWN.
I could definitely stand to be hit over the head with these throughout the day..so with that being said perhaps I will. Perhaps I'll program them into the phone I'm supposed to look at less and just Breathe. As is true with everything....easier written then done.
I'll let you know how that goes.
Oh...and I now have 39 minutes...I'll use them wisely......



1 comment:

  1. I get it. I've had 100 breathes today...just breathe Joy..there is a song by Jonny Diaz - called Breathe - which is really cool and hits what you are saying..you can youtube it.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete