Friday, January 6, 2017

Keeping it real


I am not mom-ing well today. Yelling, depressed, cold and angry. I don't know why. I'm just not my best self. Let's keep it real. When others tell you, well when you say you're not a good mom, it actually means the opposite is true. A good mom never thinks they're a good mom. I'm calling it. I think that's a load. Sometimes it's the truth. It's not that you're a bad mom- but you could possibly have been better. You know what? That may happen tomorrow. It may happen 20 minutes from now...God willing. I thank him daily for his Grace. What I have learned is, sometimes you just do the best you can in that moment. If you screwed up, apologize to your kid, give them a hug, say you suck and that you'll try harder. I can't tell you how many times I bowed my head today asking the Lord to help me not do bodily harm to my children. Take a minute. PRAY! BREATHE! Find your healthy coping skill and use it. AS OFTEN AS YOU NEED TO.
This year, let's be real with one another...with other women...with other moms. Few of us have our crap together and we shouldn't make others feel less than if their head is barely above water either. Throw them a life raft...FOR THE LOVE. Lord knows I'm not even close to a good swimmer and I need all the help I can get.
Keeping it real.....Sometimes I.....
*Vacuum my table with my upright vacuum. Yup.
*Stress eat snickerdoodles at 8:30am..... (I threw them in the garbage later that afternoon...They have been my New Year's demise)
*Tell my kid the meatball is a hot dog just so he'll freaking eat dinner. (Actually Will did this and it was a stroke of brilliance)
*Stare at the clock all afternoon and wonder when the appropriate time to start drinking my Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout Stoutwas...
*Talk to myself. Actually this does not occur sometimes...this occurs Always.
*Eat a low fat soup for lunch, then tell myself I ate low fat soup for lunch and eat the entire snack cabinet.
And this was just today. OK. I lie....my table is crazy dirty and I didn't clean, less vacuum it.....But you get the gist. And I feel better for telling you.
Mom On.

Healthy snack choice from yesterday...... (that's water btw!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment