Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Where to start???


Wyatt's Christmas bliss.

I have been utterly neglectful. I feel as if all of my posts within the past few months have begun this way. Falsely, (as I believe I have also reported on previous posts, it may appear as if I now have a life). (Hence no posts) Falsely appear I said. Falsely. I attribute it to laziness. Writer's block. Lack of time? ughh..probably not.  Again, it is what it is.
Kind of explains itself....

I'll talk about the parental visits in a bit (a bit being another post). Let's talk Christmas in Taiwan and our jet-setting to Hong Kong. I know right? Whose life is this?? When your kid can rattle off a handful of friends that have been to Hong Kong, you know you're not in Front Royal anymore. But let's back up. Christmas. Focus Aly. Focus.  Santa obviously visited The Wyatt in Taiwan, though his existence came into question multiple times. Kids grow up to fast. MY kid is growing up too fast...and with the sarcastic mouth of this mother, I'm envisioning not so merry teenage years. I digress. Christmas. THIS is me focusing. There was no shortage of disappointments in the Christmas department. We skyped/talked with family, we distributed gifts, we had a delicious meal with friends on Christmas Day, and I was pleasantly surprised when my husband came home having researched airfare and lodging
(booking both!) for a 3 night 4 day stay in HongKong! I mean, how fun!!!I   know right? Whose life is this?? (now I'm up to speed).
HongKong was very cool. (Read with me as I digress....)It's kind of weird, but I see things as objects sometimes, if that makes any kind of sense. Hong Kong is soooo built up, a lot of hustle and bustle, a lot of construction, and skyscrapers, a lot of people and movement. As the cab was bringing us to our hotel and I was looking at the city"scape" I envisioned (what I now know to be) hundreds of bristle blocks all over the place (see side picture).I know I'm weird, but it's what came to mind. SOOOOO you ask. What did you do? What did you see, what did you eat?????Everything!!!!
My hotness monster. 



No. Not really, but we tried to fit as much in as we could, which was just a fraction of what HK had to offer. I have to say, while there was a bunch of cool things to do with kids, there is a bunch of cool things we saw to do without kids..but that's for retirement life. Day 1 we were a bit tired. We left Taiwan by 4:30 am, were on a plane by 7:30 ish and in HK by a bit after 10. Awesome. We lunched, took a nap, then awoke, ready to conquer the city. Well, kind of.But none of you were there, so YES!!! WE AWOKE READY TO CONQUER THE CITY!!!!!! We walked the first day. The ladies market, which had a ton of purses, earrings, cell phone cases (laser pointers that burned through plastic) knock off sunglasses....just endless amounts of stuff. The bargaining was fun..pretend to walk away , all of a sudden the bid dropped. Tons of fun. How low can you go??? By nightfall we were still shopping and then finally decided to eat. Ignoring sensible reasoning we walked to the "hip" area of Hong Kong, Lan Kwai Fong, where I had read there were great bars/eateries etc. Really not a childproof area when it came right down to it, making us all the more stellar parents as we walked into a brew pub to stuff our faces at 9:00 PM. Quite tasty food though and the entertainment was....lively. In our defense it was less lively then the restaurants a bit further up the street. Second Day... HELLOOOO Disneyland. We took the MTR (not to be confused with the mrt) rail system directly to the park. We hit Toystoryland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland....some-other-lands....watched a couple of parades, delighted in our son dancing in the fake-snowfall, and ended our evening of bliss by watching some fireworks. Awesomeness. I have to say Wyatt was quite the trooper and maintained himself his little self well into the evenings so his parents could enjoy their three evenings in Hong Kong.
Our third day we found ourselves taking the double decker bus to Ocean Park. Though there weren't as many rides for Wyatt, the park was divided into two parts, so we took the Gondola to the other side which made for AMAZING views and saw the water show. We walked around a bit more, played some games, threw some money away on dumb stuff and then made our way into the aquarium which was ginormous. Will and Wyatt couldn't get enough. It was pretty cute to watch actually. Follow that up with a buffet dinner and shopping in the attached mall of our hotel while the boys chilled in the room? Well, you can color me happy. And then the trip was over as quickly as it began. I was thrilled to be able to see just another little piece of Asia. -Particularly an area that was so completely different from Taiwan. Taiwan just has a laid back, much slower paced feel as opposed to HK. Taking the cab ride home, I could see how someone moving from Hong Kong could have a difficult time adjusting. Me? I was just happy to come home.






No comments:

Post a Comment