Friday, November 25, 2011

Full of Thanks

 

I'm full of  a lot of things- and thanks is certainly one of them. This has been an amazing year- one that has taken me on a crazy journey of  differing experiences and emotions. Bottom line? God is good. While we generally are at Will's parent's celebrating Christmas at Thanksgiving or with my family in NJ or FL, this year for obvious reasons we had Thanksgiving in Taiwan. We had a bunch of friends over, had the traditional turkey and the not-so-traditional sushi- all of which was fabulous. With everyone bringing their own specialty we had quite the eclectic meal...sausage on sticks, homemade rolls, homemade chocolates, glutinous balls with sweet red bean paste, cranberries, stuffing, mashed potatoes.....it was fabulous. Really, I can't say that word enough. FABULOUS. We've developed our own little family over here and to be downright mushy, it was heartwarming to spend a holiday like Thanksgiving with a group of people that you have grown to love. 'Tis what the season is about.








 




2 comments:

  1. Must say that your post made my eyes feel a little funny. Guess I had something in them. I am glad you guys are so happy and well adjusted over there and making the most of the total experience. It makes us feel good to know that you are making the most of it that you can. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience for all of us. Believe it or not, Taiwan was not ever on my travel plans and in 2011 I will have been there twice! And what's more I really like the country and the people! This Taiwan thing has been good for us all. And in the spirit of the season...I am of course thankful for you guys.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it me....or is that turkey talking?? I swear if you look at it for awhile it seems like it's talking.....You think?

    ReplyDelete