Monday, September 5, 2011

Keep your head up....

Last week was.... interesting. Such a funny word interesting, as it can denote a TON of meanings. Interesting can be taken at face value like, huh, that animal is really interesting looking. OR wow- that outfit with all those crazy colors was pretty interesting. OR ewwww did you see what that guy did over there? That was interesting. But I have to say my all time favorite is when I'm being myself and my Taiwanese friend says...interesting. Ahhhh yes. Anyway last week was....different...interesting if you will. Just as I was getting into the groove and trying to come up with some kind of schedule (gasp)or something for myself, we have a typhoon warning and school is cancelled. What is this, Virginia? The only reason I say that is because nothing happened..which don't get me wrong I'm thankful for, and I know precautionary measures needed to be taken, but.....it kind of threw me all off.
SOOOO Monday-I had a scheduled "interview/meet and greet" for a volunteer position I'm interested (there it is again) in, which had to be rescheduled, no gym, which perpetuated me into a cycle of not going there, (with the exception of Friday) for the rest of the week and really just overall restlessness and feeling kind of weird about Wyatt and this whole school, find a life thing. I really do miss my son people. I need to get over it. It's a part of growing up (for me, not him). I however digress....
The most interesting thing that happened this week? Wyatt armoring up, failing to pay attention to where he's going and running into a cobblestone post. It gave a whole new meaning to...well, that'll leave a mark.......

1 comment:

  1. Ouch...that looks nasty. Glad he's handling it in his own SuperHero type of way. There is a bright side of course (trying to be a glass half full type of guy)... you at least live in Taiwan. I mean if you lived in what used to be called Russia.... people might think he was a relative of Gorbachev. (For those of you who might not get that one...google Gorbachev, picture.)

    ReplyDelete