Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hot as Fire Breathing Dragons



You may have heard the term Africa hot- well it ain't got nothing on Asia. Sweet mommy. Taiwan is HOT....and you wanna know the greatest part about Asia hot? Apparently my kid doesn't like to sweat. Yeah that's right. He's anti-sweat. That is just an unfortunate side note that I wanted to share before I begin to retell the tale of the Dragon Boat Festival. Tale? Well that implies that the following may be long. It's not really. Shall we start with the weather? Monday was an Asia hot kind of day. We had a fun filled family bike ride to the river, (waking up and getting out of the house at the incredible time of 8:30 I may add)....and took in the sites/smells of racing dragon boats, people balancing eggs, cheesy kids games, the wafting smell of stinky tofu....ahhhhhhh yes. Oh, and did I mention the sweat? I mean how much fun is Taiwan? You can sweat in Virginia, but Dragon boats? I think not.
For more about Dragon Boats and eggs......
http://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/festival/dragonboat/dragon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment