Saturday, April 2, 2011

'Twas A Blissful Day


Rice fields
Our fearless bike guide.
Scoping out the bathrooms
actually.
'Twas indeed.  Did I also mention that the sun was SHINING and it was in the 80's??? Glorious. Now, I want my parental units to brace themselves, because this may come as a bit of a shock. As a kid/teenager, let's just say I was never the first one in the car when it was announced we were embarking on a physical expedition of sorts....if I got in the car at all. But enough about me and my sedentary adolescence. The point is-we went on a family bike ride today and I liked it. A lot. Like 20 kilometers Will said (which I looked up and that's like 12 miles). Impressive for the nonathletic types that we are. Note* by nonathletic "types", I really am only speaking of myself. We went at a leisurely pace and as Will said- biking is the way to enjoy Taiwan. With the mountainous landscape beckoning us, we rode along this amazing bike path and took in the surrounding scenery. Taiwan is just beautiful. Even the rice fields are impressively attractive. Added bonus? There were these little coffee shops which came to be almost oasis' of sorts as we rode a long. I have to say this was quite nice since I enjoyed the extra motivation of a sweet stop to come to every now and again.
Sweet Stop. Called I'm here. Clever.





Butt break.Those bike seats are HARD.

Picture begrudgingly taken by The Wyatt

Good Old Fashioned family fun right there.
Scenes from the bike path
    

1 comment: