Sunday, April 3, 2011

Credible? Creepy? Incredibly Creepy?


SO let me get a weigh in from you all. I know I'm Wyatt's mom, so there's no question in my mind that he's cute. Adorable. PERFECT even. A child model though? I mean, the thought hasn't escaped me, and if he can earn his own college fund.......well, that's an attractive proposition. However, when said proposition approaches potential client's parental units at the sand park- is this kosher?
Will and Wyatt were building the Thundercats lair in the sand when I was approached by a man and woman who proceeded to shove a business card within my line of vision and ask for my phone number. Let me be clear- the people, or the nature of the culture here is one of persistence- taking no for an answer or diverging from the plan or the path that one has begun to take is rarely an option. So, this being said, upon being asked for my phone number, I said..no. I continued to say no, as they were literally not taking no for an answer. As I looked at the man and woman some more, I realized that the man looked familiar- he's approached me before when I was crossing the street with Wyatt. Huh. AND...still the answer is no. NO. I don't give out my phone number to people I don't know. I will research your web address and call you if we're interested. Response from random woman? Calling her "boss" who conveniently speaks English. SHE asked for my number. NO.  Finally they relented and let me be...continuing their scouting for future child stars amongst the sand pit. Which leads me to question- it's pretty creepy for this couple to wander around the park looking for cute kids right?

*Note- upon coming home, I looked up the website and it read:

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

SOOOOOO I'm going with Incredibly Creepy.

3 comments:

  1. I agree --very creepy!!-MomMom--but Wyatt would be a great model!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I talked to a friend of mine and apparently it's very common for American children to be approached by modeling companies here. Apparently some of her friends kids have been in commercials......but I'm not a fan of the creepy approach.
    THe kid is stinkin' cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly creepy, indeed! Wyatt has the looks and personality to be a little model man, though. Look for a credible source and go for it! Just get insurance on his cheeks for all the pinching they will endure.

    ReplyDelete