Monday, February 7, 2011

Beaches, Zoos and a Bicycle Built for 2-PART 1

picture worthy

We were lucky enough to have Will spend his days off tooling us around the island.- Well, not that he would be off of work and not spend his time with us, because that would just be plain weird (but at the same time slightly understandable).  The exact time sequence and days are a bit hazy, but I do know that we had a whole lot of fun, though I certainly would not consider myself a connoisseur of Taiwan as of yet. I believe it was Thursday that we tried the zoo once again, not that the day itself is of importance. Main point of interest? Blue skies for like 5 days in a row. I know right? Freaking unbelievable is what it was (hence the picture). Back to the zoo. Being that the 420,000 people in Northern Taiwan were supposedly (please note that big bad word) going to see family and friends in Southern Taiwan, we thought, huh, maybe this would be a FANTASTIC time to go to the zoo. ummmm or MAYBE THEY WERE ALL GOING TO THE ZOO. WITH US. And no. my caps lock was not accidentally pressed. I was just simply trying to denote my lack of patience and slight annoyance. I'm working on it. I'm working on it. kind of......Seriously though, not only did the mass of 420,000 follow the Coopers to the zoo, but apparently they also felt like going to the Children's Recreation Center and the beach as well. Apparently biking's a bit less appealing..which I get....but a woman's gotta get around. Let's be honest, you can't have it all, SO the fact that we were having an awesome  time had to be counteracted slightly by real close together time too, being that we were squeezed together in small tight spaces. But really, the way I'm describing it, I'm not making it sound as fun as it really was ( no sarcasm, seriously). Geez. Back to the zoo. Wyatt got to see his penguins and his "friend" (the monkeys). Will even got him into the nocturnal house sans physical force. I know, I was impressed too. When he came out he was actually bummed that there were no bats or armadillos. Ughh. I can't keep up. Much like his mother, he can never seem to make up his mind. What he was pretty set on was getting parents for pumpkin patch. Since we're not pushovers, we said he could only get one...that Pumpkin Patch was from a single parent household. No, I really didn't say that, but he was only able to pick one. He picked a mother for pumpkin patch (I'm writing rather smugly). Mommas name you ask? Wait for it.............Pumpkin Patch.
VICTORIOUS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wyatt conquers the Nocturnal House! Billy the Exterminator would be so proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so the patch grows. Happy Will has joined the adventure! You needed protection from the fireworks-that could have ended badly-and now the assistance with the Noctural House! Will deserves lots of points. Aly, don't feel slighted, you get the points with the whole "mother for Pumpkin Patch" thing.

    ReplyDelete