Friday, August 22, 2014

June


June.
What the crap happened in June? I swear, I’m trying to catch everyone up to speed but I swear to you it is all a blur. Gah!

** Disclaimer**I will do my utmost to recount activities and events in the most truthful manner possible.

OK- soooooo June was a heavy month emotionally. I’ll try not to get too hung up on certain stuff, but it was a bit of a life changer for our family.

First- Wyatt successfully completed his first grade year. It was touch and go for he and I this school year, but by the end I feel like we had a rhythm of some sort going on...like things had definitely improved from where we were in August 2013. (Read: homework battle ceasefire)
(Note: it is now the end of the summer and that is no longer the case. Yeah for second grade she cheered sarcastically…)
Conclusion: He and I are just too much a like. I’ll let it stand at that.

Second- The movers came to pack us out.
OK. So a bazillion blog posts have been written about expat “packouts” and how one processes these emotions. Well I didn’t then, but I am now. And let me just get it out there and vent. It sucks. I love Taiwan. I love the culture, the people…I love how I adjusted, I loved my activities, the hiking, my volunteering and writing, the biking..I loved the relationships that I had built and the fact that I had women I could trust and pour my heart out to. I loved that my son had a social network of loving demonstrative friends that he essentially grew up with. I loved that I was finally able to communicate in Mandarin. Moving is hard, but this one just plain hurt.


I had my most valuable items in this purse. Hanging on the wall. The mover asked me at the beginning, is there anything not to pack? I said, PLEASE. PLEASE do not pack my purse. It is hanging on this hook on the wall. Naturally my purse got packed. I freaked and it then got unpacked.
Argh. 
Image result for phone off the hookThird- Illness- Again, without getting into the nitty gritty, let me just say that there is nothing like a major medical emergency to slap you in the face, shake you up and remind you that your time on earth is limited-We are not immortal. I learned that I am weak and completely inadequate. The Lord called me up and told me who was in control.
PS. It’s not me.

Fourth- We met our son. (*See new tab- Adopting AJ). More on that later………

Fifth-We moved to Hiroshima Japan. But more on that later………

Sixth- The last week of June Wyatt and I flew to the US and chillaxed in New Jersey. It was decadent.
And for all you haters- save your Jersey comments for another time.


 Lastly...
Wyatt and I had many  sweet, soggy, sweaty, chatty rides on this bike. I know it's about the memories and not the bike- but it was still pretty hard letting it go. My little boy is growing up.........












No comments:

Post a Comment