Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A New Chapter



in·cor·ri·gi·ble

 adjective \(ˌ)in-ˈkȯr-ə-jə-bəl, -ˈkär-\ 
not able to be corrected or changed


pre·co·cious

 adjective \pri-ˈkō-shəs\of a child : having or showing the qualities or abilities of an adult at an unusually early age



I know full well I've brought this upon myself. His personality, with all its melodrama and attitude is a mirror image of myself. I cannot say enough how frightening this is. My mother prayed for a carbon copy of myself as a child because she thought it would be fitting. Seeing as she has a direct line with God, the inevitable happened..and here we are. 
*sigh*
This picture, while slightly humorous at the moment, was not funny this morning when I was attempting to be super mom;documenting precious moments and memories that we were going to then cherish FOREVER. As I began writing on that stupid white board he looked at it and said, I'm not holding that!!- I screamed, of course you are!! This is for posterity!- Fine. he said, completely disgusted. Now what do you want to be when you grow up? I asked. Why do I have to tell you that?! -was the reply. 
WYATT!!!! Just tell me what you want to be when you grow up!!!!! Why does everything have to be a battle?!?!? WHY???
I don't know what I want to be -was his nonchalant response. 
Fine- I said. Just forget it. 
Ugh. Really people, I know already to pick my battles, and is this how we I wanted to start the first day of school, fighting over a white board of his future?
This morning is just a very small excerpt of how every day of our summer has been. He and I grate on one another until we're raw and emotionally overexposed....yet we'd be completely lost without one another. I'm at a loss. Having said all this, I was half doing a happy dance jig as he got on that bus and half weeping on the inside. As the bus drove away, he didn't even look back. In all fairness he was probably doing a happy dance jig as well. 
All I can do is pray that his first day goes as well as it possibly can....yet another thing I can't control. Such is life.

I fear adolescence. 


He's lucky he's stinkin' adorable

Big Boy

Luckily there's another kid and mom at his bus stop too-
Thankfully it said HIS on the side, so I know we put him on the right bus and not some random vehicle that stopped....






No comments:

Post a Comment