Monday, April 7, 2014

Belle and the Big Bow tie


It's not really disclosing a huge secret when I say my husband has a large head. Please, we've written posts on this before. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with ego- he's just a big guy. Broad shoulders, solid, big neck to hold up an equally big head. Period. Where am I going with this? Follow my rabbit trail. Sometime in March my hubby agreed to go to a Gala, hosted by Wyatt's school. Yes. Yes. I know. Again with these things I don't usually do. BUT every girl likes to get dressed up every once in a while and at least pretend that she's the Belle of the Gala-esque ball...right? Right. So being that it was kinda fancy and the love of my life doesn't have a suit, the opportunity arose to bring him to a tailor. How fun! The experience was actually a good, albeit brief one. We arrived, the man measured, brought fabrics and colors and Will had two suits and two shirts custom made to fit him like the proverbial glove in approximately one week. Crazy!
So while the shirt and suits made my man look like the hot tamale I knew he already was, there was one piece missing (well actually his shoes were missing as well, but we didn't know that until the morning of)....the bow tie. Cue dramatic music, seeing as this was going to be a HUGE feat. Get me? HUGE.
Place # 1- had a bow tie, however it was comically too small.

Place# 2-had a bow tie, however it was Velcro? The man said it fits really large 17" necks. I knew it was too small and that Velcro isn't fancy or elegant. Did I purchase it? Yes. Did it work? No. Is it now on my closet floor? Yes.

Place #3- had a bow tie, Will tried it on, felt slightly strangulated but said it was fine. Did I purchase it? Yes. Did he wear it? No. Is it now also on my closet floor? Yes.

Place # 4- had a bow tie, however it was comically too large....or was it just right...hmmmm. Was it for a costume? Yes. Was it the only one that was going to actually work? Yes. Is it now laying on my couch? Yes.
End of story? He wore a tie.

I just thought that this story was funny and wanted to share. I love my husband, and I love that he was my hot date despite initial reservations. No one gives me a better time then this guy. Gala or no Gala.
P.S. For all who are reading this post, I'd love to know how you pronounce- GALA.  Say it
out loud to me right now. GALA.





No comments:

Post a Comment