Friday, April 13, 2012

Lily Adventures.....



Taiwan has amazing things to offer..it just takes awhile to find them. Thankfully we were told about the Calla Lily picking before the season ends in April. It was a lot of fun, and we lucked out with decent weather..a bit warm but not unbearable. My girlfriend traveled with us and we managed to locate the correct bus, grab a coffee at Starbucks near the top of the mountain and locate our second bus with  minimal difficulty. We walked for about 10 minutes, not really knowing where we were going. Then, by sheer luck to our right,( just beyond the map we couldn't read), we spotted the field of lilies. For 100NT (approx $3.00) we could pick 7 lilies. What a deal..
Not so fun? Wyatt falling asleep on the bus ride home, screaming upon being woken up and missing our first stop until he was finally settled down due to the bribe of chocolate. (Thanks to my girlfriend who had an entire chocolate rabbit for Wyatt in her purse).Yes. stellar mom moments.  Completely worth it. After all, I have a SWEET looking floral centerpiece.




 

1 comment:

  1. This kid has the smile that says...."Hey, I am one happy kid, not only that I am one lucky kid to have the parents that I have."

    Let's look at the smiles and not get on the crazy train with Parent Fail. Somehow I think he is going to turn out all right.

    ReplyDelete