Thursday, March 29, 2012

Where's the Panic Button??

I went on another hike today. Our fearless leader was an expert, has written multiple books and definitley knew what he was doing. Hence the description of expert.....I went on this hike becuase I am trying to push past my discomfort, broaden my workout regime and see Taiwan in a different light. I am a fool. When will this big ballerina learn? The hike itself was described as easy, and in comparison to how hikes here can be (i.e climbing mountainsides via ropes) than yes, it was easy. However, for a somewhat unathletic type such as myself, it was at times a bit painful. As we were trudging up the mountainside, careful not to slip on moss or fall off the steep precipice which was waiting patiently to consume our very being (I exaggerate of course...kinda), I was mentally picturing a panic button in my head. My hand may have involuntarily pushed it once or twice. I wanted out. I couldn't breathe. My feelings were, well they just weren't natural. Dear God, when was this going to end. Then there were moments, when we were not climbing up hills, (soooo...not hiking?) that the hike at that very moment in time was completely worth it. The cherry blossoms, the flora, the fauna, the waterfalls..the distinct feeling of accomplishment that my body was capable of being pushed further than I knew it could go...well that made it worth it. (Did I mention there's another hike at the end of April and I'm going for it? Eh. Why not?)
could this face get any redder?
                                         














1 comment:

  1. Pardon the fact that I clearly did not spell check this one. I'll make the changes later. Ughhh how embarrassing .

    ReplyDelete