Thursday, October 2, 2014

The "Dating" Game

 Photos © Hilton Pond Center
Let the wooing begin.You've read it in other blogs I'm sure. When expats congregate in one place overseas, they have a major commonality which is: they're in a foreign location, completely out of their comfort zone, flailing around trying to make it all work and essentially trying to figure crap out. You cut out all the corners and suddenly find yourself with instant diarreah of the mouth seeking out friendships and pouring out your heart and life story to a woman that you've barely met, but one that you think you can have a deep committed two year relationship with. Having done that in expat location #1, I've opted to take my relationships a bit slower here. My heart still is smarting from all those I've left behind. It takes a toll...and I find myself meeting these new people, and holding them up against my "former flames." So this time, I'm, you know, just playing the cards a bit closer to my chest. In reality it's all such a bizarre surreal circumstance you find yourself in. I mean did you actually just read what I wrote? Former flames?? Lord...BUT... this is a very small town, so I'm a bit hesitant to lay it all out there you know? (Not, that I've got a lot to lay out there....lest anyone think that my life is full of big juicy nuggets that you don't know about). (See???? diarrhea of the mouth!! )
The end result of me making this decision this time around? Well, it's a bit lonely...but it's all good. Yes. Sure. All good.
So I've started going out with people. By people, I obviously mean women. Just the other day, I went out with someone for a cup of coffee. She's great- very down to earth, and just nice. Will, who obviously knows about such "dates," asked me right away when he got home..SOOOOO how'd it go?!? Too weird.
However, as I typically do, I tend to perseverate. She didn't call back. I mentally roll through the tape...what did I say? Did I come on too strong? Oh, God, it was my sarcasm wasn't it.
Then I begin the self-talk. Really Aly? How old are you? And at that end of the day, do you really care?
Um...yes. Yes. of course I care!- but you know what? It's Ok. There are lots of fish in the sea. And all this makes for fun blog fodder for you all to read. Let the dating game continue!!!
Chuck is great. I had hair extensions in at the time of this appearance..just in case you're questioning credibility.
                                           


                                         Fan Favorite at 78%




                                           Kate. A paltry 2%




   J Law- It could have been great. I know a sweet gelato place. 20%





No comments:

Post a Comment