Sunday, October 12, 2014

Light at the end of the tunnel...

I'm not gonna lie........volunteering with kids is not where I necessarily saw myself  4-5 years ago. Yet, here I am, working with 2-5 yr olds on a weekly basis and (wait for it.....) totally loving it. The opportunity for me to start volunteering at the YMCA came forward right before I left for the U.S. this summer. Starting about a month ago, it has proven to be a golden opportunity to get out of the house, meet new people, and get involved within the community.
By helping out on weekly field trips, I've seen everything from submarines to picking sweet potatoes. Ironically I'm also helping out with the math rotation station in the Pre-K Class. You can sleep well knowing I'm not teaching hard stuff like adding- just basic numbers, 1-5 at the moment. I've totally got this. 
Finally I'm feeling energized, refreshed, and it has given me purpose- totally what this girl needed. 




Shoes off before getting dirty!!


Dig In




No comments:

Post a Comment