Wednesday, November 10, 2021

It's Just A lot.

The past week has felt like months. Waiting, Breath holding, suspended in time, heart potentially ready to shatter into oblivion at any time. Then you wake up.
I
Woke
Up.
You open your eyes. You come to the realization that there are people tip-toeing around you, also suspended in time waiting for you to breathe so that they themselves can fall to the ground in a million pieces.
Today was that day.
Innocuous.
Different yet The Same?
Or
So
I
Thought.
He hopped in the car. Happy. Until in a blink of an eye, he wasn’t. That’s how it is sometimes around here. There are no words for it. The emotions seem to start bubbling up from his toes, pulsating through his veins, and overtake his core until he begins to howl. An animalistic, mournful, raging scream that pierced every square inch of the van. At first he couldn’t voice what was wrong. He didn’t know.
Until
He
Did.
He wanted to go back.
To Taiwan.
He wanted to find solace in the arms of his birth mother.
The wailing grew louder.
He was crying for the mother that cocooned him within her womb for 8 months. For the woman in his dreams that he longs to know but may never meet.
It’s in these moments that I am jolted into reality.
Because
I
Forget. He feels my love deeply. But I am not her.
I did not give birth to him…and I also grieve, because I forget. I forget, I forget.
My heart is inextricably connected to this child, but I cannot change the fact that I was never there from the very beginning. His broken heart is not mine to heal.
I
Just....
Forget.
He’s desiring what I can never offer.
I can’t take away the pain.
That sorrow.
The grieving.
I pulled the car over onto a side dirt road.
I got out.We unbuckle. We cling to one another, his tears streaming down.
I affirmed him. Told him I loved him. Apologized for this broken world and inwardly for mothers that don’t have the ability to care for their sons.
He settled.
He calmed.
For now.

Adoption Awareness month. Hard truths. No glamour. No accolades. MESSY. So So MESSY. HIS mercy and grace. Brokenness, redemption, sorrow, love, pain and loss.
Empathy, Understanding, growth, change,
Lots of Jesus.

 

3 comments:

  1. Financial Statements based assignments and homework tasks are not at all an easy job to do. For that reason, it is quite obvious that students from all across the world look for professional help to get rid of the mysterious conditions. Get professional Core Financial Statements Assignment Help reference guidance from the industry best professional tutors, in order to get the genuine and top-quality answer papers within the specified time frame. Moreover, the services offered will never put a hole in your pocket. So enjoy and live your academic life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost all the scholars are always worried regarding academic grades as they are incapable of getting good grades in their general overheads assignments and homework. They usually look for the best ways to improve their grades. If you too are in the same boat, then you must contact our professional General Overheads Assignment Help tutors to obtain the best and error-free solutions. All the solutions will be 100% original, with no errors. Contact us now to avail the best professional help and to improve academic grades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are marginal and absorption costing related assignments allocated by professors bother you? Are you worried that you may not be able to pass with distinction grades, because of incomplete assignment work? Well, if that is the case then you just have to reach us and apply for our Marginal Costing and Absorption Costing Assignment Help service. Our team serves exactly, as per your requirements. We are available round the clock. Come towards us and live your academic life happily!



    ReplyDelete