Saturday, August 26, 2017

Looking Up

Today is one of those days where I feel it is necessary to preface that I love my children because I'm going to be honest. 
I know there are stronger women than I out there.
But there are days I. just. can't.
The desire to run away is strong. 
I feel like I'm drowning. 
There is a permanent lump in my throat. Tears are bound to flow at a moments notice. 
I cry out for Jesus to just help me. Hold me. I feel weak, impotent, spent. 
I don't want to hear the whines, screams or crying. I don't want to be touched, pulled, kicked or peed on. 
Laundry mounts, sinks are full and everywhere I turn are goldfish crumbs. 
You've seen those hallmark movies or read the books, right? Where the mother flees the scene? We gasp and say we could never. 
I empathize. I feel that mother, because today? I. just.can't. 
My precious husband knows. He hands me the keys as I peel out of the driveway. He offers me a hotel room away, the bed to myself.. so I can recoup. So I can just think. Pray. Reflect without the noise.
Mamas. I feel you. Take a moment.

Look up. He's got you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment